OMEGA-3 DHA CONTRIBUTES TO MAINTENANCE OF NORMAL BRAIN FUNCTION*
VITAMIN D IS NEEDED FOR NORMAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT OF BONE IN CHILDREN
Daily food supplement based on:
Om3gafortSCC uses the polyunsaturated fats EPA/DHA with HIGH CONCENTRATION, EFFECTIVENESS, PURITY AND SAFETY, obtained thanks to an ECOLOGICAL technology known as Supercritical Concentration (SCC).
Recommended daily dose: 1 gummy
|1 gummy||% RDA*|
|Omega-3 fatty acids#||400 mg||**|
|EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid)||105 mg||**|
|DHA (docosahexaenoic acid)||255 mg||**|
|Other omega-3||40 mg||**|
|Other main ingredients||**|
|Vitamin D3||5 µg||100%|
*Recommended daily allowances, established by the Directive 2008/100/CE of 28 October 2008.
** Recommended daily allowance not established.
#Minimum guaranteed amount in mg of the active ingredient. Percentages calculated based on the amount in mg may vary between them.
Fish oil, sweetener: Xylitol (E-967), Purified water, Sweetener: Sorbitol (E-420), Gelatin, Acidity regulator: Trisodium Citrate (E-331), Acid: Malic Acid (E-296), Natural lemon aroma, Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol), Colour: 30% Betacarotene (E-160a).
Greater concentration, greater efficacy
- Gil-Campos M, Dalmau Serra J; Comité de Nutrición de la Asociación Española de Pediatría. [Importance of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA): Functions and recommendations for its ingestion in infants]. An Pediatr (Barc). 2010 Sep;73(3):142.e1-8.
- Nyaradi A, Li J, Hickling S, et al. The role of nutrition in children’s neurocognitive development, from pregnancy through childhood. Front Hum Neurosci. 2013 Mar 26;7:97.
- Richardson A. Background to the DOLAB Studies: Omega-3 and Child Behaviour and Learning. Omega-3 DHA and Children’s Behaviour and Learning: New Insights from the ‘DOL AB’ Studies. 4 September 2013 – The Royal College of Surgeons, London.
- Kuratko CN, Barrett EC, Nelson EB, Salem N Jr. The relationship of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) with learning and behavior in healthy children: a review. Nutrients. 2013 Jul 19;5(7):2777-2810.
- Willatts P, Forsyth S, Agostoni C, et al. Effects of long-chain PUFA supplementation in infant formula on cognitive function in later childhood. Am J Clin Nutr. 2013 Aug;98(2):536S-542S.
- Colombo J, Carlson SE, Cheatham CL, et al. Long-term effects of LCPUFA supplementation on childhood cognitive outcomes. Am J Clin Nutr. 2013Aug;98(2):403-412.
- McNamara RK, Able J, Jandacek R, et al. Docosahexaenoic acid supplementation increases prefrontal cortex activation during sustained attention in healthy boys: a placebo-controlled, dose-ranging, functional magnetic resonance imaging study. Am J Clin Nutr. 2010;91:1060-1067.
- Montgomery P, Burton JR, Sewell RP, et al. Low blood long chain omega-3 fatty acids in UK children are associated with poor cognitive performance and behavior: a cross-sectional analysis from the DOLAB study. PLoS One. 2013 Jun 24;8(6):e66697.
- Richardson AJ, Burton JR, Sewell RP, et al. Docosahexaenoic acid for reading, cognition and behavior in children aged 7-9 years: a randomized, controlled trial (the DOLAB Study). PLoS One 2012;7(9):e43909.
- Dalton A, Wolmarans P, Witthuhn RC, et al. A randomised control trial in schoolchildren showed improvement in cognitive function after consuming a bread spread, containing fish flour from a marine source. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2009;80:143-9.
- Birch EE, Carlson SE, Hoffman DR, et al. The DIAMOND (DHA Intake And Measurement Of Neural Development) Study: a double-masked, randomized controlled clinical trial of the maturation of infant visual acuity as a function of the dietary level of docosahexaenoic acid. Am J Clin Nutr. 2010 Apr;91(4):848-859.
- Schuchardt JP, Huss M, Stauss-Grabo M, Hahn A. Significance of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) for the development and behaviour of children. Eur J Pediatr. 2010;169:149-64.
- Gow RV, Vallee-Tourangeau F, Crawford MA, et al. Omega-3 fatty acids are inversely related to callous and unemotional traits in adolescent boys with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2013 Jun;88(6):411-8.
- Gustafsson PA, Birberg-Thornberg U, Duchén K, et al. EPA supplementation improves teacher-rated behaviour and oppositional symptoms in children with ADHD. Acta Paediatr. 2010 Oct;99(10):1540-1549.
- Milte CM, Parletta N, Buckley JD, et al. Increased Erythrocyte Eicosapentaenoic Acid and Docosahexaenoic Acid Are Associated With Improved Attention and Behavior in Children With ADHD in a Randomized Controlled Three-Way Crossover Trial. J Atten Disord. 2013 Nov 8.
- Milte CM, Sinn N, Buckley JD, et al. Polyunsaturated fatty acids, cognition and literacy in children with ADHD with and without learning difficulties. J Child Health Care. 2011 Dec;15(4):299-311.
- Sorgi PJ, Hallowell EM, Hutchins HL, et al. Effects of an open-label pilot study with high-dose EPA/DHA concentrates on plasma phospholipids and behavior in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Nutr J. 2007;6:16.
- Yehuda S, Rabinovitz-Shenkar S, Carasso RL. Effects of essential fatty acids in iron deficient and sleep-disturbed attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) children. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2011 Oct;65(10):1167-1169.
- Bloch MH, Qawasmi A. Omega-3 fatty acid supplementation for the treatment of children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder symptomatology: systematic review and meta-analysis. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2011;50(10):991-1000.
- Yoon JR, Lee EJ, Kim HD, et al. Polyunsaturated fatty acid-enriched diet therapy for a child with epilepsy. Brain Dev. 2014 Feb;36(2):163-6.
- Furuhjelm C, Warstedt K, Larsson J, et al. Fish oil supplementation in pregnancy and lactation may decrease the risk of infant allergy. Acta Paediatr. 2009;98:1461-7.
- Saadeh D, Salameh P, Baldi I, Raherison C. Diet and Allergic Diseases among Population Aged 0 to 18 Years: Myth or Reality? Nutrients. 2013 Aug 29;5(9):3399-423.
- Hageman JH, Hooyenga P, Diersen-Schade DA, et al. The impact of dietary long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids on respiratory illness in infants and children. Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. 2012;12(6):564-73.
- Montgomery P. Omega-3 DHA and Children’s Sleep: New findings from the DOLAB Studies. Omega-3 DHA and Children’s Behaviour and Learning: New Insights from the ‘DOLAB’ Studies. 4 September 2013 – The Royal College of Surgeons, London.
- Hellström A, Smith LE, Dammann O. Retinopathy of prematurity. Lancet. 2013 Oct 26;382(9902):1445-57.
- Skilton MR, Raitakari OT, Celermajer DS. High intake of dietary long-chain ω-3 fatty acids is associated with lower blood pressure in children born with low birth weight: NHANES 2003-2008. Hypertension. 2013 May;61(5):972-6.
- Juárez-López C, Klünder-Klünder M, Madrigal-Azcárate A, Flores-Huerta S. Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids reduce insulin resistance and triglycerides in obese children and adolescents. Pediatr Diabetes. 2013 Aug;14(5):377-83.
- Al-Farsi YM, Waly MI, Deth RC, et al. Impact of nutrition on serum levels of docosahexaenoic acid among Omani children with autism. Nutrition. 2013;29(9):1142-6.
- De Felice C, Cortelazzo A, Signorini C, et al. Effects of ω -3 polyunsaturated fatty acids on plasma proteome in Rett Syndrome. Mediators Inflamm. 2013;2013:723269.
- Amminger GP, Chanen AM, Ohmann S, et al. Omega-3 fatty acid supplementation in adolescents with borderline personality disorder and ultra-high risk criteria for psychosis: a post hoc subgroup analysis of a double-blind, randomized controlled trial. Can J Psychiatry. 2013 Jul;58(7):402-8.
- Mossaheb N, Schäfer MR, Schlögelhofer M, et al. Effect of omega-3 fatty acids for indicated prevention of young patients at risk for psychosis: when do they begin to be effective? Schizophr Res. 2013 Aug;148(1-3):163-7.
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). 2010. Fats and fatty acids in human nutrition: Report of an expert consultation.
- National Institutes of Health, Office of Dietary Supplements.
- European Food Safety Authority. Scientific Opinion on the Tolerable Upper Intake Level of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and docosapentaenoic acid (DPA). EFSA Journal 2012;10(7):2815 [48 pp.].
- ExpertOmega3. Ácidos grasos omega-3 en supercritical concentration.
- ExpertOmega3. The Ethyl Ester vs. Triglyceride Form of Fish Oils.